If your real estate property is in need of any degree of renovations, your first call should always be to a construction management professional. Sure, it can be tempting to try to manage your renovation or construction project on your own — but nothing can compare to the expertise and professionalism of construction management companies in your area.
Whether you’re looking to do something as simple as replace outdated fixtures and equipment or as complicated as completely redesigning a space for a new tenant, there will be a lot of steps involved. If they’re not completed properly, you can put your entire renovation project — and even your real estate property — at risk.
Don’t take the chance. Consider construction management firms like CTG Real Estate Services from the very beginning.
We know how important it is to understand a professional’s work and goals before making this kind of commitment. That’s why we’ve answered some of the most common questions about construction project management companies below.
Once you decide that these services are right for your renovation project, schedule a consult with our team to get started.
What Does a Construction Manager Do?
Upcoming renovation and construction projects can be overwhelming. If you have a project in the plans, your team may have pointed you to a professional construction project manager to help you get started. But, if you’ve never worked with our kind of professionals before, you probably have a big question:
What does a construction project manager do?
We completely understand the confusion. Like with many other aspects of real estate, construction management and its associated terms can seem like a whole other language to those unfamiliar with the process. Clients shouldn’t have to hire a professional on faith alone; they deserve a right to truly understand the services involved with construction management before they decide it is the best path for their project.
At CTG Real Estate Services, we are happy to further explain our construction management business. Here are the responsibilities our construction management team generally takes on:
- Renovation planning, including cost estimating and value engineering
- Designing a space to meet tenant’s or building owner’s needs and desires
- Commissioning necessary contractors and subcontractors
- Including creating RFPs and finalizing vendor contracts
- Coordinating and scheduling third-party vendors
- Managing the build-out process, including:
- Choosing vendors for furniture, equipment and other necessary aspects
- Advising on services and equipment for future capital success
- Inspecting construction work throughout the process for quality assurance
- Ensuring responsibility risk management
- Achieving the owner’s or tenant’s business objectives
- Training facility and property managers in new equipment and systems
- Closing out the construction process once the renovation is complete
- And more
As a client, you will always be the one to determine which services are necessary for your project. You and your construction management professional will talk in depth about your goals and expectations to create a construction management plan tailored to your real estate project.
Why Do I Need a Construction Management Professional?
Some building owners and property managers already have experience in construction and renovation. When it comes time to initiate a project in their real estate space, they may consider managing the project on their own. They may ask, “What does a construction manager do that I can’t do myself?”
While it is always up to you to determine whether a construction management business is necessary for your project, we highly recommend considering these professional services for a few reasons:
- Their experience will help save you time, money and energy. Construction management companies have been completing renovation tasks for many years. With that comes the knowledge of what works best in a renovation or construction project. At CTG Real Estate Services, our CEO and founder Chris Gardner uses his more than 20 years of experience to keep your project on budget, within your timeline and meeting your goals every step of the way.
- The professional assistance will take responsibility off of your shoulders. If you’re a property owner or manager, you likely have a lot of daily responsibilities to keep your space running smoothly and efficiently. Adding the steps of construction management can be stressful, not to mention overwhelming; you may find your other responsibilities falling to the wayside as you try to organize your construction process. Hiring a project manager and construction manager can provide peace of mind that your renovation is being completed by someone who knows how every step works.
- Your manager will ensure all the necessary parties are working in tandem and are thoroughly educated about the project. Construction management companies aren’t the only ones involved in a renovation or construction project. There are many vendors and suppliers that participate, too. A residential or commercial construction project manager will ensure that all those parties are aware of their responsibilities, that those responsibilities are effectively completed, and that you, as a client, are aware of the updates in progress along the way.
Let Chris Gardner Be Your Residential or Commercial Construction Project Manager
As you search for construction management companies, let CTG Real Estate Services be your first call.
Our experienced team is ready to assist you through all the steps of your construction project, using Chris Gardner’s more than 20 years of experience in the real estate industry. We value transparency and professionals in our work; you will be our partner through every step and be involved in every important decision that needs to be made.
But, that’s not all — Chris and his team can go above and beyond the actual construction process to keep your property running smoothly and efficiently for the future, too. It’s all part of our unique turnkey solutions. When you work with CTG Real Estate Services, you’re not just working with a construction management business. You’re working with a professional who can do it all.
Want to learn more? Ready to start your commercial or residential real estate construction project? Schedule a consult with our team today.